Please join us for our three-part celebration of the Mariners’ Church 175th anniversary!
Part 1, Friday, October 20, 6:30 p.m. — Parish Dinner at the beautiful DAC
- Parish Dinner Celebrating 175 Years — all are welcome!
- Detroit Athletic Club, $65 per person
- Contact Charlotte McKenzie- TODAY, 313.259.2206 for details and reservations
As a reminder, business attire is required at the DAC for those ages 14 and older. Denim is not allowed at any time at the DAC.
Part 2, Saturday, October 21, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. — Open House at Mariners’ Church
- 1:00 p.m. Open House begins with snacks and beverages offered
- 1:30 Ceremonial Flag Raising with U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Honor Guard
- 1:45 Welcome remarks, Ken Morse, Chairman of the Mariners’ Board of Trustees
- 1:50 Bishop Peter Beckwith, Rear Admiral (lower half), Chaplain Corps, United States Navy (Retired), and Chaplain Emeritus of Hillsdale College, invocation
- 2:00 Presentation of Spirit of Detroit Award and other acknowledgements
- 2:30 Detroit Fireboat Water Show (on riverfront near the Port of Detroit)
- Tours, snacks and conversation until 4:00 p.m.
Throughout the afternoon, historical and information tours of the church will be offered.
Part 3, Sunday, October 22, 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. — Holy Communion at Mariners’ Church
All are invited to worship with Bishop Peter Beckwith and members of the Mariners’ congregation for Holy Communion. Mariners’ outstanding full choir will join the 11:00 a.m. service.
Parking for the celebration activities at Mariners’ Church is free and available in the Ford Underground Parking Garage located at the corner of E. Jefferson and Woodward Avenues.
We look forward to seeing you during this historic weekend!
The Trustees of Mariners’ Church
170 E. Jefferson Ave.
Detroit, MI 48226